This year I reached my Goodreads book challenge goal! In 2017 I set a goal of reading 35
So for 2019, I am bumping the challenge up a bit. I’m trying
But before we turn the page to 2019, I thought it would be fun to look back at all the books I read in 2018..
Ok, not all the books, there were a few that were complete and udder garbage, that I just couldn’t finish and just will not waste your time with here.
A lot of these are Book of the Month Selections. I’ve talked about Book of the Month Club before, and I am a firm believer the Membership is totally worth it for me. Indulging in a couple of books a month brings me hours of reading joy. I look forward to the box every single month and this isn’t an exaggeration. Reading is something I will never ever fall out of love with. Treating myself to this small pleasure has been one of my best and smartest acts of self-care.
In hindsight I kind of wish I would of written a little review or blurb for each of these books…I will definitely do that in 2019!
Wondering which one of these was my favorite? I’ll let you know at the end of the post!
- A Sucky Love Story: Overcoming Unhappily Ever After by Brittany Louise Taylor
- For Better and Worse by Margot Hunt
- Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life by Lara Casey
- The Lies We Told by Camilla Way
- The Other Woman by Sandie Jones
- Lies She Told By Cate Holahan
- The Woman in the Window By A.J Finn
- The Great Alone By Kristin Hannah
- The Last Time I Lied By Riley Sagar
- Something in the Water By Catherine Steadman
- The Book of Essie By Meghan MacLean Weir
- Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously By Candace Cameron Bure
- The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy
- The Innocent Wife by Amy Lloyd
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
- Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall
- Then She was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- Not that I could tell by Jessica Strawser
- Other People’s Houses by Abbi Waxman
- The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
- The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
- Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna
- Keep her Safe By Sophie Hannah
- Harmony by Carolyn Parkhurst
- Our Little Secret by Roz Nay
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
- Cross her Heart by Sarah Pinborough
- The Girl Before by JP Delaney
- Stony River by Tricia Dower
- In a
dark darkwood by Ruth Ware
- Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
- Somebody Else’s Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage
So which one of these was my favorite read of 2018?
Drum roll please….
The Great Alone By Kristin Hannah
This was a 5-star book for me, a rating I don’t easily give on Goodreads. I was just so totally captivated with the writing and invested in the characters. This book stuck with me LONG after I read it, and I can definitely see myself revisiting The Great Alone in the future.
What did you read in 2018? Do you set a reading goal each year?