Welcome To Home in The Finger Lakes!
I’m so glad you are here! I’m Jen, and I love connecting you to the events, people, places and foods that make Upstate New York such a special place to live!
You’ll also find posts of homegrown, homemade food, tips on living simply, and the occasional creative project. If you’re a Upstate Country person at heart (or even if you just wish you were) then this is the place for you!
Latest Blog Posts
- Join Our Upstate New York Backyard Flock Keeping Facebook Group
- A Taste of Utica, The Community Cookbook Full of Regional Recipes From Central New York
- Traditional Hot Cross Buns (Home Dairy Bakery Recipe)
- Downsides to Ducks, The 100% Honest Truth about Owning Ducks
- Blue Jays, The Surprisingly Aggressive Chicken Predator
- Chanatry’s Utica Greens
Backyard Chicken Keeping
From selecting and rearing chicks and ducklings, to protecting your flock from predators learn everything you need to know to make sure your backyard flock stays happy and healthy all year round.