Mezzetta Roasted Red Pepper Artichoke Bruschetta for effortless summer entertaining
School will be ending here soon and we will officially be in summer mode! I think we are all ready for a slower pace. The past few summers we have taken the family on a summer vacation, usually it fairly close, last year we stayed in on the Lake in Branchport, and before that we made annual trips up the 1000 Islands area. But this year we decided to add a deck onto the house and enjoy our time at home, so we are fully embracing the Stay-cation.
Construction will most likely begin next week if mother nature cooperates and I am really looking forward to entertaining on my new deck. I think having casual BBQs and cookouts are one of the best parts of stay-cations, informal relaxed gathering with friends are always the highlight of out summers! I like the keep the dishes I serve as easy as possible. I would much rather be hanging out with guests than fussing with food in the kitchen, and Roasted Red Pepper Artichoke Bruschetta is an impressive but easy appetizer that you can mix up in practically no time.
Using Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers makes this appetizer a snap to put together, really all you need to do is add the ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times, and toast some baguettes, it is pretty good with fresh mozzarella too!
- 1 cup Mezzetta Greek pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup Mezzetta Super Colossal Spanish Pimento Stuffed Olives
- 1 jar Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch Herbs de Provence
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place the olives, onion, garlic and roasted bell pepper in a mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and oregano. Season to taste with a pinch of salt, pepper
- Pour the dressing over the olive mixture. Mix gently. For best flavor let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving stir in feta cheese
- Serve with baguette slices.
What’s your favorite way to spend a summer staycation at home?
No matter how you spend your summer free time, make sure to Visit Mezzetta and enter to win a staycation Summer Survival Kit. You can enter once a day through June, Good luck!