Today I am sharing another homemade mix recipe, that I absolutely love. Chicken Seasoning Blend is a savory dry rub that really adds a unique delicious flavor to chicken. Chicken seasoning blend is a quick and easy way to add flavor to roasted, grilled and baked chicken.
This dry rub mix makes a big enough batch to season a little more than 2 whole roasting chickens. I like to double the recipe to keep it on hand so I can quickly reach for it to spice up chicken at the last minute. It is super easy–just grind up some dried herbs, mix up a few spices together, and you’re done.
Like all spice blends, It’s easy to customize this mix to suit the tastes of your entire family.
- For a spicier blend, use more cayenne, cumin, or black pepper.
- For a smokier blend, omit the sweet paprika and substitute smoked paprika.
- Need to limit Sodium? Half or completely cut out the salt
Chicken Seasoning Blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil , optional
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine and mix together the garlic powder, mustard, paprika, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon together until blended.
- Coarsely grind basil, salt, thyme, rosemary, celery seed, dried parsley in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until coarsely ground.
- Stir ground herbs into combined spices and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a tightly sealed container and in a dry, cool place.
Wednesday 15th of April 2015
Friday 17th of April 2015