Today I am sharing another homemade mix recipe, that I absolutely love. Chicken Seasoning Blend is a savory dry rub that really adds a unique delicious flavor to chicken. Chicken seasoning blend is a quick and easy way to add flavor to roasted, grilled and baked chicken.
This dry rub mix makes a big enough batch to season a little more than 2 whole roasting chickens. I like to double the recipe to keep it on hand so I can quickly reach for it to spice up chicken at the last minute. It is super easy–just grind up some dried herbs, mix up a few spices together, and you’re done.
Like all spice blends, It’s easy to customize this mix to suit the tastes of your entire family.
- For a spicier blend, use more cayenne, cumin, or black pepper.
- For a smokier blend, omit the sweet paprika and substitute smoked paprika.
- Need to limit Sodium? Half or completely cut out the salt.
Chicken Seasoning Blend
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
Combine and mix together the garlic powder, mustard, paprika, black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon together until blended.
Coarsely grind basil, salt, thyme, rosemary, celery seed, dried parsley in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until coarsely ground.
Stir ground herbs into combined spices and mix thoroughly.
Store in a tightly sealed container and in a dry, cool place.