Ahhh coffee, it makes mornings tolerable, and my to-do list achievable, and even adds a little extra pep to my afternoons. I generally like to drink my coffee black, but I do enjoy indulging in flavored sweetened coffee occasionally.
In the past when I’ve wanted a caffeinated sweet treat, I’ve tried store-bought creamers and sweeteners, that was never quite right, or I’d find myself at the local coffee shop, paying way too much for my caffeine fix.
But one day I decided to try my hand at making homemade Italian sweet cream coffee creamer, and let me tell you it was life-changing! Now making the perfect cup of indulgently creamy and remarkably rich coffee at home is easier than ever.
How to Make Homemade Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make homemade coffee creamer. All you need is really just a few simple ingredients for and creamy coffee treat.
Here are the easy steps for how to make homemade coffee creamer:
- Combine heavy cream with whole milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until it begins to steam slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
That’s seriously all there is to it! Have it on hand for your morning coffee or an afternoon iced coffee. So easy and so simple.
How To Make Different Flavors of Homemade Coffee Creamer
Italian Sweet cream is my favorite flavor, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to shake things up occasioanlly, and mix insome seasonal flavors. You can totally customize your coffee creamer with your favorite flavors. Experiment with different extracts, and create your own custom blend coffee creamer. Change up the vanilla extract with any of the following for seasonal flavor options:
With all these extracts it is best to start with a very small amount and adjust the flavor to taste based on your personal perfence. *Peppermint is a significantly stronger extract than all the others I have listed in this post, and I recommend starting with 1/4 tsp.
Tips for making Homemade Coffee Creamer
- You can make this as indulgent or as light as you’d like by choosing any combination of heavy cream, regular, fat-free, whole, skim, almond, soy, coconut, or WHICHEVER milk you like best.
- Only use pure vanilla extract in this recipe for the best flavor!
- To protect the vanilla flavor & get the truest vanilla flavor, make sure to add it after you’ve removed the creamer from the stove.
How Long Is Homemade Coffee Creamer Good For?
Homemade coffee creamers can last up to a week in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. I store mine in mason jars and always make sure it’s put back in the fridge promptly after I use it. After a day or two in the fridge there may be some settling, just give the homemade coffee creamer a shake to mix all the flavors together.
Homemade Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
Homemade Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer is rich and creamy, with just a hint of sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp turbinado sugar
- Combine the sugar, creamer, and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until it begins to steam slightly. Don’t bring it to a boil, because your creamer will curdle.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Allow the creamer to cool, then store in the refrigerator. Feel free to adjust the amounts for stronger or sweeter flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 1.6ggSaturated Fat: 1ggCholesterol: 6mgmgSodium: 5mgmgCarbohydrates: 1.5ggSugar: 1.4ggProtein: 0.3gg
Sunday 27th of November 2022
hello! can you use oat milk instead of cow milk?
Friday 17th of June 2022
I typically don’t sweeten my coffee. However, I miss the flavors others seem to love. Can this be made without sugar?
Saturday 18th of December 2021
Could I substitute half and half for the heavy cream?
Thursday 17th of March 2022
@alexandra ellis, Yes, to substitute for 1 cup heavy cream , mix 7/8 cup of half-and-half with 1/8 cup melted butter.
Monday 21st of June 2021
Is heating it only for dissolving the sugar, or is there another reason?
Saturday 24th of July 2021
@Rae, that is an excellent idea Rae, using liquid sugar. I am thinking like a simple syrup.
Wednesday 21st of July 2021
@Barbara Gibbs, I've made mine without heating, as I was just guessing my first Time, and I've made it the same ever since, never heating, just lots of shaking. Next time I plan to use liquid sugar and I feel that will make it even better but I haven't tasted any granulated sugar in mine so far, and again that is without heating.
Real Milk Recipe Roundup! 48 Delicious Recipes That Use Real Milk
Monday 10th of August 2020
[…] Homemade Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer […]