Making homemade coffee creamers is easier than you think, and the holiday season is the perfect time to enjoy a peppermint mocha flavored coffee. You only need 6 simple ingredients to make indulgently creamy and remarkably rich coffee at home, to enjoy whenever the mood strikes. Just mix up a batch of Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer and keep it in the fridge to satisfy your coffee craving with a seasonal twist.
How to Make Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
Making Homemade coffee creamers is seriously so easy, once you make your first batch you will wonder why you’ve never done it before! Here are the easy steps for how to make homemade coffee creamer:
- Combine heavy cream with whole milk, sugar and cocoa powder in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until it begins to steam slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Enjoy as much or as little in your coffee as you’d like!
Tips for making Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Peppermint extract can quickly go from pleasant to overpowering if you want more minty flavor add more peppermint extract 1 drop at a time.
- You can make this as indulgent or as light as you’d like by choosing any combination of heavy cream, regular, fat-free, whole, skim, almond, soy, coconut, or WHICHEVER milk you like best.
- Only use pure Vanilla and Peppermint Extracts in this recipe for the best flavor!
- To protect the vanilla and peppermint flavor & get the truest flavors, make sure to add the extracts after you’ve removed the creamer from the stove.
How Long Is Homemade Coffee Creamer Good For?
Homemade coffee creamers can last up to a week in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. I store mine in mason jars and always make sure it’s put back in the fridge promptly after I use it. After a day or two in the fridge there may be some settling, just give the homemade coffee creamer a shake to mix all the flavors together.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk heavy cream and milk together over med-low heat, until it begins to simmer.
- Add in the sugar and cocoa powder and whisk until both have disolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the extracts, and.allow to creamer to cool down.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates. Please see my Nutrition Disclaimer for more information.