This is the recipe you need to have in your appetizer arsenal. It is the perfect appetizer for any of your get together’s! It is so simple and easy to make, but completely crave-worthy.
This Olive cheese bread combines all the brine-y flavors I love, in a gooey cheese filling, on top of a crusty bread. This might be as close to appetizer perfection anyone will ever get.
Olive Cheese Bread, Your New Go-To Crowd Pleasing Appetizer
I originally published this recipe as a holiday appetizer, but this is a great appetizer any time of the year. I love making it for super bowl parties, where it is always a huge hit.
Olive cheese bread comes together super fast! I love low stress and easy recipes that can be made quickly so I can get out of the kitchen and get back to the party with my friends and family. All you need to do is chop some olives & green, mix some butter and mayo, and stir in cheese. Slather it on top of French bread, bake, and you have an appetizer that will have your guests coming back for seconds.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- About 25 Spanish Queen Pimento Stuffed Olives
- 6 ounce can of Black Olives drained
- 2 stalks Green Onions (scallions)
- 1 stick Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- Roughly chop both black olives and pimiento-stuffed olives. Slice green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture thickly onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise.
- Bake at 325ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.
The olive cheese mixture can also be made in advance and refrigerated for up to two days.
Villa Acacia Urban Wood Paddle Board and Bread Board, Modern Design - 17 x 7 Inch
Oneida 4-Piece Cheese Spreader Set, Stainless Steel
Mozaik Premium Plastic Mini Appetizer & Dessert Tasting Set, 96 pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211 Total Fat: 19.5g Saturated Fat: 10.7g Sodium: 275mg Carbohydrates: 48g Protein: 7.1g
Recipe source: Pioneer Woman
This appetizer does have a strong briny/