A while ago I decided I really, really wanted to recreate as many of Upstate New York’s Regional dishes as possible. I have made so many yummy dishes and treats, even some I never thought I would get right (I am looking at you, Sponge Candy). But I still have a few recipes that are proving to be elusive or don’t hit the mark, and I am hoping you can help me out (and maybe some other’s who are also looking for a long lost favorite).
Here is my current wish list. I can’t guarantee it won’t change, in fact, I will probably be adding to it…
- Michigan Hot Dog Sauce (Plattsburgh)
- Buckwheat Pancake Recipe (Penn Yan) Haven’t found one I love yet.
- Spiedie Sandwich, I am mostly concerned with the sauce/marinade (Binghamton)
- A Copy-Cat of Wegmans Red, White & Blue bread (purely selfish reasons, I love this stuff and want to make it at home!)
- Cheese Cake Recipe from the former Home Dairy (Ithaca)
- Sibley’s Department Store Bakery Christmas Cutout Cookies (Rochester, I have had so many requests for this it is crazy!)
If you are also in search of a specific recipe, comment below and I will add it to my list. If you have a recipe you are willing to share, shoot me an email, or leave it in the comments, you will be credited as the source of the recipe when I publish, and I will be eternally grateful 🙂