This Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes may very well of been the best thing I have eaten all week, no kidding. Cheese, bacon, and potatoes, seasoned with Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix what is not to love?
I came across this recipe from the Recipe Critic while searching for potato side-dishes I can make in the slow cooker, to make mealtime a little easier. My kids loved these and it was so easy to throw together. They do seem a little heavy as a side-dish, I almost think paired with a salad this could be a main-dish. I have a suspicion these would be a hit at a pot-luck, it is not something I have seen and is a little different than Salt Potatoes, not that there is anything wrong with salt potatoes 🙂
I used B-size red potatoes, they range from 1 ½” to 2 ¼” in diameter, they are sometimes called “new” potatoes or baby reds. I quartered my potatoes, and the texture was perfect. The cheese and bacon… well, you can’t really go wrong there.
I wish I could have gotten more pictures for you, but it was dinner time and I try to limit picture taking before we eat 😉
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 3 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Line a slow cooker with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overhang to wrap the potatoes on top, and coat with nonstick spray. Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Top with cheese, Ranch Seasoning and bacon, repeating 2 more times and reserving ½ cup cheese.
- Cover potatoes with aluminum foil and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Cover and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped green onion
Recipe Adapted from: The Recipe Critic