I have a healthy and delicious breakfast bar recipe for you guys this morning! And I know how hectic mornings can be so these bars can be made in advance and frozen. Soft and Chewy Muesli bars are made with the new Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli-Original, peanut butter, banana, and honey, they are a healthy and filling start to your day.
Not sure what muesli is? I am not going to lie, I wasn’t really sure either. Turns out Muesli is rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, dried fruits, seeds and nuts. You can eat it cold like cereal or warmed like oatmeal, and many people use muesli as a healthier granola option. I am not sure how I have been missing out on such a versatile breakfast food for so long, but as soon as I got my hands on the Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli I knew I wanted to bake something up with it.
Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli-Original contains Whole Grain oats, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, Raisins, Toasted Coconut, Almond Pieces, and Pumpkin Seeds and I thought it would be a perfect breakfast bar. I have been wanting to add different nuts and seeds to my Oatmeal Breakfast Bars to give them a little nutritional boost, using Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli as the base for Soft & Chewy Muesli Breakfast Bars totally streamlined the process. I ended up with a healthy and tasty breakfast bar packed with an awesome assortment of fruits, nuts and seeds.
Soft & Chewy Muesli Breakfast Bars are not overly sweet. It is seriously like a bowl of oatmeal, sweetened with chunks banana and a little bit of honey, all baked into a bar. They are dense and filling, and the perfect make-ahead breakfast for our busy mornings, especially this time of the year when we are so crunched for time. I made these, cut them into bars and froze them for a healthy and quick on the go breakfast.
Want to make your own Soft & Chewy Muesli Breakfast Bars? As of June 1st, Nature Valley Muesli can be found in most major retailers and grocery stores across the country, and comes in two flavors: Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry & Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli-Original Follow this link to print a coupon for a dollar off!
Soft & Chewy Muesli Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups Nature Valley Toasted Oat Muesli regular muesli or blueberry
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 11/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 large banana, diced
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 375F degrees. Lightly coat an 8x8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Nature Valley Toasted Oat Muesli, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, combine the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be very wet. Fold in the diced banana, then pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until thickened and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into bars and serve or wrap for freezing.