We live on a farm, which is nice in a lot of aspects, but come September when the kids go back to school, and they realize all their friends went of vacations and actually did stuff over summer break I feel like I have dropped the ball, when their “what I did over summer” paper looks like this:
Picked corn, watched cows give birth, played in the hose.
Of course we do more, like go to cookouts and picnics, but those seem to happen in excess and no one really wants to see another hot dog about mid July, or have another chat about the weather.
Summer goes fast, really fast, especially when you are farming, So this year I decided to put together a summer bucket list, so if we found our selves with a free afternoon, we could pick something off the list to do, and hopefully avoid the boring “What I did over summer vacation” papers in September.
- Go to Grimes Glen
- Sulphur Springs Festival in Clifton Springs, NY June 1st. Love their parade!
- Phelps Sauerkraut Weekend Thursday, August 1 –Sunday, August 4, the kids like the cabbage bowling!
- Pumpkin Hook Carnival! Usually the first weekend in August, but I have not seen anything official yet…
- Take the kids to get their first garbage plates
- Go to the Seneca Park Zoo I really can not believe I am admitting this but it has been a really really long time since we have been there..
- Hopefully catch a free concert at Finger Lakes Race Track, I have not heard who is coming yet this summer, but I would not mind seeing Eddie Money again 🙂
- Go Fishing
- Catch Fireflies
- Go Bowling
- 4th of July Fireworks
- Take the kids to Roseland Water Park
- Miniature golfing
- Build a Sand Castle
- Make some entries for the county fair
- Go to the State Fair in Syracuse
- Picnic lunch at a playground
- Plan my 10th wedding anniversary picinc!
So what are your summer must dos? Do you create a bucket list or just go with the flow?