As 2014 comes to a close I thought it would be fun to share a quick list of things I learned, or in some cases relearned in 2014!
14. If you lose your boot in the mud, and have to walk home through the cow pasture barefoot and end up with a cut on the bottom of your foot you will have to get a tetanus shot 🙁
13. There is just something about an Old Insane Asylum.
12. Photography is an expensive hobby.
11. Getting paid to do something you love is thrilling and justifies expensive hobby (see number 12)
10. I don’t like Polar Vortexes. Ever.
9. There is so much more to blogging than I ever thought, what I have learned about blogging and web site maintenance this year could have its own dedicated post and probably will.
8. Unexpected visits from friends you have not seen in a while are awesome!
7. Painting knotty pine is a lot of work, and totally worth it.
6. I love Reddit. Seriously, how has it taken me so long to find this odd little corner of the internet?
5. As my kids get older we just get busier, 2015 is going to be the year of time management and simplifying daily life.
4. Let it go, it must be hearing that song from Frozen constantly all during 2014 something sunk in subliminally. The haters are going to hate, people are going to have bad attitudes and differences of opinions, and there is really nothing I can do about it.
3. A week on the Lake is the perfect vacation
2. Calving season is not for the meek, this was something I have always known, but was reemphasized this year, after a particularly trying season.
1. I am grateful. 2014 has had it’s challenges, and it’s ups and downs. I am grateful for friends and family to share it all with.
How was 2014 for you? Will you be making resolutions for 2015?