Labor day is approaching soon, the unofficial end of summer. Boy,that was super fast! Savor these last few days of summer with this delicious recipe for Grilled Chipotle Lime Corn on the Cob that is perfect for bbqs, and end of summer meals.
We have been picking, boxing, and delivering corn for a while now, and I think it is safe to say we are all looking forward to buttoning up corn season, but these last few weeks of corn are my favorite, and not just because there is an end in sight. The late season varieties of corn far outshine any of the earlier varieties.
The super sweet corn of late summer is the perfect pairing for a spicy Chipotle Lime butter sauce. The sweetness of the corn compliments the spicy and zesty butter perfectly.
Grilled Chipotle Lime Corn on the Cob
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked
- 4 tbsp butter 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce see notes below , or 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepperPinch of dried parsley for color, softened
- 2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce , 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to high.
- Wrap each ear in foil. Place on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let stand in the foil while preparing the butter.
CHIPOTLE LIME BUTTER:
- Combine butter, lime zest, lime juice, chipotle and adobo sauce (or ground chipotle) and salt in a small bowl. Carefully unwrap the corn.
- Serve corn with chipotle lime butter.
Look for chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the Hispanic foods section of your larger grocery stores.
Once open you can store the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a week.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well
23 Amazing Corn Recipes | The Gracious Wife
Thursday 4th of June 2015
[…] Grilled Chipotle Lime Corn on the Cob from Home in the Finger […]