I feel like this post is ridiculously overdue. My most popular post here on Home in the Finger Lakes is without a doubt Homemade Pizza Seasoning. It seemed only natural to create a pizza sauce to go with it, it took some time but I finally got a pizza sauce I am happy with.
I have said it before, and I meant it, pizza seasoning is my go to seasoning. I love the blend of spices, and always have a mason jar of it mixed up in my pantry. So when I was mixing up my pizza sauce the first thing I reached for was my pizza seasoning.
I was not disappointed.
The Homemade Pizza Seasoning was a quick and very easy way to make a flavorful pizza sauce.
And can we just talk about the consistency of the pizza sauce for a minute? For a long time I used the same thing on my pizza I did not my spaghetti: store bought jarred sauce. I frequently had soggy crusts, spotty sauce coverage, and pour flavor. All of these problems were solved when I started using this pizza sauce that is the perfect consistency for smearing on crusts.
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces warm water, 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Pizza Seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, honey, and Homemade Pizza Seasoning; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
- The sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors, taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.
Recipe Adapted from: Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe III
Monday 28th of January 2019
This looks fabulous and can't wait to try it. Now if I could just find a good recipe for Gluten free crust.
Sunday 3rd of September 2017
Looking for email
Sunday 7th of August 2016
Thank you. Just finished getting your seasoning together, now we will try the sauced
Saturday 8th of February 2014
Yum! This post is very timely for me - pizza on the menu for tomorrow night's dinner... and I have all the ingredients in my pantry. Perfect!