Is there a better union of flavors than Chocolate and Peanut Butter? I think not. I find this blissful match irresistible in just about any form. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookies are great when you are needing a chocolate & peanut butter fix.
These Chocolate chip Peanut Butter cookies are addictive, and my self-control is weak at best, so I don’t really make these too often. These cookies are soft, moist, and chewy (the way I prefer cookies!). They hold their shape after baking and look lovely on a plate.
This recipe has a very nice balance of peanut butter and chocolate chips here. It is not as peanuty as traditional peanut butter cookies, but the overall effect is very nice! My kids love these cookies, and a batch will disappear very quickly at my house.
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup crisco butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the honey, water, and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by tablespoonful scoops 3 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes