It has officially been spring for a while now, but apparently mother nature is not feeling it.
I don’t know about you but I need some color in my life. Something bright and cheery, something
a little a lot springy.
Colored coconut is pretty and cheery, and very easy to do. It is perfect for spring time bird’s nest themed treats, and a pretty garnish on cakes and cupcakes. And yes colored coconut, is very springy!
- 1 tablespoon water for each color you are doing
- 1 pint size mason jar or Ziploc bag for each color
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 – 2 drops food coloring (I really like the neon colors)
- Put water in jar or ziploc bag. Add food coloring according to the color you want.
- Shake jar or bag to mix the coloring into the water. Add coconut. Shake jar again, until thoroughly mixed.
- Lay colored coconut out on paper towel and allow to dry a little bit to make sure any extra moisture is gone.
- Store in mason jars or plastic bags in refrigerator if not using right away.