Because it is snowing like crazy here and I am procrastinating getting the groceries I thought I would share what I have been up to this week. It was a busy week, and the stomach bug paid a visit to our house, that was not pleasant. We are all recovering and looking forward to my daughter’s big playoff basketball game this weekend and the super bowl ok, I am looking forward to the Super Bowl snacks.
Here is a little bit of what else I had going on:
What I was digging on the Interwebs this week:
- This bulk food storage caught my eye
- This soup
- I am obsessed with this House Bus, it might be the coolest thing ever!
- The first woman doctor got her medical training at Geneva Medical College, she was only admitted as a joke.
- The hubs and I have talked about adding some raspberry plants, this article is good stuff if you are interested in raspberries too.
- My youngest has a birthday coming up and I realized my cake pans have also gone missing, so I ordered these cake pans. Seriously, where does my bakeware go??
- I was absolutely thrilled to see my Pizza seasoning is mentioned at A Beautiful Mess
What I was up to:
I learned a better way to make stir fry.
While I was shopping Saturday at Wegmans there was a stir fry demonstration going on. The chef had blanched the vegetables prior to starting the stir fry, rather than frying them after cooking the meat, the way I have always done. I tried it at home, and now will never make stir fry any other way. Check the Wegmans stir frying technique HERE, it works great with my Homemade teriyaki sauce. SO GOOD.
I played around with a reader recommended recipe. I made a lot of coffee cakes. The recipe is coming next week.
Everyday I’m shoveling.
Cow feed, snow, ashes out of the wood stove…it never ends.
Spent some time working on a post about a local farm.
It will be up soon!
I went to my first yoga class in AGES.
Getting back into yoga was one of my goals for this year. It took a while to find a class that fits into my schedule, but I did and it was awesome! I can not wait to go next week.
So, how was your week, do you have any big plans for the weekend?