The kids made it through their first week of school, and let me tell you it was quite an adjustment period for them! But it was especially rough on my son, he had turned into a night owl during summer, and the 6 am wake-up call was a pretty hard on him for a few days, combine that with baseball practice every evening and I had a very tired kiddo on my hands. So, on Friday I decided to make Applesauce Puffs as a special after-school treat to celebrate the fact we all survived the first week back to school.
I love Applesauce Puffs for a quick after school snack, they are so easy to mix up and get into the oven, and the kids LOVED eating them. They are amazing right after you dip the tops into the cinnamon sugar topping, but for the kids that came home on the later bus , we popped them in the microwave for 8-10 seconds and they tasted like a freshly baked cinnamon-sugar donut, SO GOOD!
Applesauce Puffs can be made with Homemade Baking Mix, one of my all time favorite Homemade Pantry Staples. But if you already have Bisquick on hand, by all means use it, just make sure when you are out to try my DIY version 😉
- 2 cups Homemade Baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
SUGAR CINNAMON TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a muffin tin.
- Combine biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add applesauce, milk, egg and oil. Mix until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin pan cups two-thirds full.
- Bake in 400-degree oven 12 minutes or until done. Cool slightly; remove.
- Combine the cinnamon sugar topping by mixing 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Dip the tops of the slightly cooled puffs in melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Best when served warm!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates. Please see my Nutrition Disclaimer for more information.
I think this week will be a little easier on everyone, we have all made the transition, and it is actually nice to be in a normal routine again.