Cookie Moll left this recipe in the comments of my Homemade Baking Mix post, and it sounds amazing! There have been a few questions about the actual pouch size of the dried milk, so I contacted Cookie and she clarified the ounce size, thank you Cookie!!Print
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch process
- 2 1/2 cups Peak Instant Full-Cream Dry Whole Milk Powder
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot milk or water to serve
Combine the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, salt, cornstarch in a large airtight container. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine, and remember to shake prior to every use.
Place 2 tablespoons of the mix in a mug and add about 2 fluid ounces hot water or milk. Stir to combine. Fill the mug with more hot water or milk and enjoy.